Monday, August 12, 2013

Back to School Health Tips

Freshman 15 is definite possibility even if you're not in college. Unless you’re in a sport, trying to balance your social calendar, extra-curriculars, family obligations and school work, working out and eating right can be placed on the back burner.

Here are some tips that helped me lose the Freshman 15 and keep it off!
1// Don't feel guilty about the pizza, but make sure to limit your intake. Split a piece with a friend, or just have on piece. 
2// Drink water, and lots of it. In high school I carried around a huge Nalgene that I filled three times a day.  In order to get rid of dining points in college, I drank the most expensive water on campus. This year I'll be carrying around a tumbler from Personalized From Me to You instead. Basically. Drink water. It fills you up and keeps you alert! 
3// Track your food, in general on MyfitnessPal. You can access it online, on your tablet and smartphone! I swear by it, I can keep track of everything I eat (basically) and it makes you think about what you're putting in your body. 
4// Treat working out like a class. Schedule it, and go through with it! Last semester I would carry my workout gear with me and change after class. I knew that as soon as I got back to my dorm I wasn't leaving anytime soon. 
5// Find a workout that works for you. I just don't run, so I go on the bike or elliptical instead of running. Don't feel bad, some people aren't runners. Make sure to add a little weight lifting too!
6// Enjoy your body. No matter the type, you're beautiful. 

Take a deep breathe, and enjoy where you are in life!

xoxo
aVe
PS Check out Purple & Pearls and my Pinterest for more tips!

1 comment: