Here is a last minute compilation of prom must-haves so that you can avoid stressing out the afternoon before your big night!
1. The Dress. Obviously!
2. Matching Accessories. Be sure you have jewelry and a pair of shoes and you're not shopping last minute.
3. The Clutch. A tiny bag is nice to bring along. Just make sure it's big enough to store all of your essentials: lip gloss, gum/mints, tissues, camera, etc.
4. Hair. If you're interested in having your hair professionally done, I suggest scheduling an appointment at a salon at least a week in advance. Remember, all the girls in your town will be getting their hair done on the same day! If you're opting to do your own hair, pick out a style that you are confident you can do on your own, and practice it before hand to avoid emergencies.
5. Nails. Just like the hair, make sure to make those appointments ahead of time!
6. Before Prom-Plans. Even if you're not going with a date, no one wants to end up completely alone before their prom night! Firm up plans with a group of friends well in advance and decide on where you will be taking your pictures. Trust me, all of the parents will thank you for being organized and taking initiative!
6. After-Prom Plans. Some people like to have an after party or hang out with friends when prom is over. I had a fun night in with a group of friends after my prom this year: we watched a movie, ate snacks, and had a sleepover! Please remember to stay safe and make smart decisions. If you're at a party you don't feel comfortable at, it's better to just go home and end the night on a good note!