Saturday, August 10, 2013

Book Review

Hi guys! 

My name is Brittany and I’ll be posting this month! I’m a rising junior living in NYC (and just because I know you’re wondering, it’s not like Gossip Girl!). I’m hoping to share with you guys things I’ve found that are amazing and that I think you should know about! So without further ado… 

Summer is about doing what you want to do, and for some of us that means staying as far away from books as possible. I’ll admit I was guilty of this up until last summer, when I (finally!) found some books I loved. So, if you still haven’t had this epiphany, here are some recommendations! 

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
Simply put, this is the best chick-lit I’ve ever come across. It follows Belly and two brothers through their summer as they vacation in a beach house. The story becomes addicting as a love triangle comes up (no chick-lit is complete without one!) and you sway between which brother she should choose. Best of all, it’s a trilogy! It’s Not Summer Without You and We’ll Always Have Summer follow, and believe me, you won’t be able to put them down either! I highly recommend you read this now since it’s summer; you basically feel like Belly herself. It’s just so great! Pick it up ASAP! 

Classy by Derek Blasberg
For days when you just don’t want to follow a plot, look no further than Classy. Derek dishes out actual advice, all while being absolutely hilarious. He covers everything from dinner etiquette to classic movies to appropriate airport apparel (take a look at the image below!). Although he is a guy, his advice is somehow very useful and, even if you are already extremely classy, may teach you a thing or two. 

There’s even a sequel called Very Classy if you really want to go the extra (classy?) mile!

So there we have it guys, two really good series to get you through the rest of summer! Let me know what you think of them! 

XX,
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment