Sunday, August 11, 2013

High School Advice from a College Freshman

Hey y’all! My name is Lauren and I blog over at Polished in Pearls. Today I have a few pieces of advice targeted specifically toward high school students.

1. Take a lot of pictures. Having just graduated, one thing my friends and I all agreed on is that we didn't take enough pictures to really represent all the time we spent with each other. Even if you're just hanging out, take pictures! Selfies from the beginning of high school make the best laughs now.

2. Don't wait to get involved. As a freshman, and even as a sophomore, I was really shy when it came to participating in extracurriculars that genuinely interested me. I was so worried about the upperclassmen and not having any friends that I didn't get involved with anything until senior year. Remember you all share a common interest so go for it!

3. All of the clichés really are true. On the topic of graduating, life's too short is what stands out to me. You will be utterly amazed once you've graduated at how quickly the time has passed. Go out there and try new things, don't hold back, don't be afraid to do something a little crazy, and don't keep telling yourself you'll do it tomorrow. Make the most out of today.

4. Find the proper balance. Between your social life and your studies, I believe neither holds a place higher than the opposite. They're both critical parts of your future and balancing your time at this point in your life is imperative.

5. Don't stress. I spent endless anxiety filled nights from the middle of my junior until almost the end of my senior year. The college admission threw me for a physical and emotional roller coaster, and I realize now if I had just calmed down for a second, everything would still be just as okay as they are now.

XX,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment