Friday, August 23, 2013

Locker Organization

Today's post is all about locker organization.


I remember when I entered high school, I was so excited to have a locker and quickly stuffed it with random odds and ends, but I quickly realized, I just needed a few essentials and key ways to keep my locker in order!

You Only NEED The Basics

Don't get conned into buying the locker chandelier or wallpaper decorations. You don't need them. When it comes to your locker, you need it as simple and clean as possible. I mean, in all honestly - how much time do you spend beside your locker? The two essential locker accessories I believe are worth purchasing are a locker shelf (if your locker doesn't have shelves) and a magnetic utility cup. Since the lockers at my school were basically boxes, I would put the shelf in my locker and put my textbooks and heavier items on the bottom and keep my notebooks/binders/etc. on the top. Then in the magnetic utility cup I would keep a few extra pens and pencils. When it comes to lockers, my motto is - less is more.

Weekly Clean Out

If you are one who finds yourself going to your locker before and after every class and notice things begin to pile up - I suggest once or twice a week, you clean out your locker and clean any clutter build up that has accumulated over the span of time.

Organize Binders/Notebooks in Order

This will help those of you who have hurried breaks where you just need to grab and go. It works like a file system - put your first period binder in the back of the stack, and then grab your second period binder from the front. #SimpleAsThat

Do you have lockers at your school? How do you keep them organized?

XX,
Grace

P.S. Make sure to check out my locker organization post from last year!! {click here}

No comments:

Post a Comment