Friday, July 26, 2013

Exercise Motivation

 In the summer I am all about r&r, don't get me wrong - but, it is still important to stay healthy and active throughout the summer, so I have come up with three key tips on how to have motivation to exercise!
1. Create a Pinterest Board - This is definitely the simplest and easiest step. I have a whole board labelled, "Get Fit." with all different workouts as well as tips and tricks to stay healthy! {click here to check it out!} I honestly had no idea there were so many different workouts you could do for all different parts of your body!
Arms:20 pushups, 20 triangle pushups, 40 arm punches, 20 arm lifts, 20 pushups, 20 triangle pushups Legs:20 squats, 30 lunges, 40 calf raises, 50 s wall sit, 100 JJ, 50 s wall sit, 40 sumo squats, 30 leg lifts, 20 squats Abs: 20 crunches, 20 cross crunches, 20 oblique twists, 20 lower leg lifts, 20 crunches, 20 side crunches ea side, 20 oblique twists, 2 v-ups, 1 min plank
Source: Pinterest

 2. Set a Goal - I'm not saying this in terms of losing but instead gaining. I have seen a dozen different calendars and planners for workouts on Pinterest like the one shown. I really want to do one of these because personally, for me - once I start something I need to finish it, so I will stay motivated and complete the month. For example, even though I am very active, a couple years ago I could barely do a plank... But, I decided to create my own workout where each time I would workout I would add an additional amount of time, whether it was five or ten seconds. By the end of this - I was astonished at how much I had improved and learned that: continuously making effort, no matter how little - makes a big difference!
DUCK DYNASTY workout!! yeah baby!!
Source: Pinterest

 3. Make Exercising Fun - I have recently become OBSESSED with the show Duck Dynasty, and one day I was scrolling through Pinterest and found a workout which correlates to the TV show. {ex. every time Miss Kay makes sweets do ten squats.} I tried this one episode - and it actually was a lot of fun! Another fun way to stay motivated is workout with another person or a small group of friends! You can be working out and catching up with your girlfriends at the same time! #DoubleWhammy




I hope you enjoyed this post and some of these tips you might help you out!

What motivates you?

XX
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment