Monday, July 22, 2013

Summer Travels

One of my favorite things about the summer is traveling. Although I don’t go to many places per summer I love the long car rides and being on airplanes.

Over the years, I have gone to San Francisco, Chicago, and most recently Switzerland! The weather there in all of those places in phenomenal (in the summer at least!)

I visited San Fran the summer before my freshman year. In San Francisco, we visited fisherman’s wharf, that place was really neat! We also were able to take a dinner cruise ship from Alcatraz under Bay Bridge and see the Golden Gate Bridge at night! It was beautiful!


Oh Chicago! That has been my all-time favorite. I went when I was 9! I got to go to the top of the Sears Tower (Very touristy!), go to the Pier and visit Allstate’s Home Office (where my dad works). We had fabulous meals and got to do so much. Oh yeah it was the first American Girl store I ever went to!


Last summer, I went to Switzerland. All I have to say is WOW. It was amazing. It was sooooo different than what I used to. We stayed in Geneva. I cannot describe to you in words how pretty it was. We did a lot of walking around the city not really specific site seeing. We got to take a little cruise to historic village in France (It’s crazy how easy it is to get from Switzerland to France). It was beautiful. We also got to see a firework show on the water. We also did Paris in a day! It was so fun! I got to see the Eiffel Tower. It is HUGE!

The day our plane was supposed to leave was very interesting. We didn’t go back home. Luckily, we got to spend one more night in Geneva! Apparently, it was their “independence celebration” so we got to see a 5 million dollar firework show! You don’t know fireworks until you have seen these! We were so lucky!!!


XX,
Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment