Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Fourth of July Festivities

Happy July everyone!

Whether you wake up early to attend your local parade, hit the beach or relax at home, the 4th of July is  the perfect day to start some new traditions. Every year my family and I attend 2 local parades with a festival after then take a short road trip to my aunt and uncle's lake house to swim and watch fireworks. My absolute favorite part of the day is jumping in the lake after the sun has set, swimming to the raft and watching the fireworks that are launched from the middle of the lake. I love reliving these memories every year and thought I would share some fun ideas with you to make your holiday even more unforgettable!

{Bike to your local parade}


While it may seem childish, make the most of your 4th of July by biking with friends to your local parade or festival! Watching little kids decked out in crazy red, white and blue ensembles always makes for a rather humorous time. And who knows -- it could even bring out the immature side in you! 

{Hit the water}


4th of July is practically known for the unbearable hot weather. I remember having the prior days being low 70's and then BAM 95 degrees and sizzling sun. Fix this problem by splashing around in any kind of water near you, whether it be a pool, lake, ocean or sprinkler!

{Unleash your inner baker}



If you find yourself with absolutely nothing to do on this occasion, get cooking! I munched on this fabulous cake at a friend's house a few years ago and have always wanted to recreate it. Find the recipe for a fruity American flag cake here!

{Light up the night}


 I love lighting some fireworks, fire crackers and sparklers when it gets dark (and taking some remarkably artsy pictures along the way!). Nothing says 4th of July like fire that glitters in the sky! It's the perfect activity to do with friends or family.

I hope I have given you some inspiration to make your day even more special!

Do you have any special traditions for the 4th of July?

XX,
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment