Monday, July 8, 2013

Random Styling

Random Styling: Rockabilly Bandana My name's Melanie. I'm new here! I currently run my own little blog on tumblr, When Life Gives You Melanie. It's all about female empowerment and loving yourself. But it is so exciting to debut on Chit Chat with a random styling piece! And what better way to get inspired than rewinding to the Rosie the Riveter era? If you don't know what I'm talking about, all you need is a visual hint:

source 
I have created three different Polyvore collages that share a $15 Rockabilly Bandana (similar to Rosie's in the above poster). Get ready to bring out your inner feminist!

The outfit above, "The Modern Day Rosie the Riveter," has great separates that come together for a girl-next-door look. Even though 4th of July has passed, the color scheme is not accidentally patriotic. I decided to go with a Yes Style sleeveless denim top to flatter any size and shape, fire-engine skinny jeans from H&M to flaunt your assets, Ballerina Flats from Accessorize to represent your grace, a WildFox Couture Tote Bag to hold the essentials for saving the world, and a spiked Forever 21 bracelet for protection from the haters.

When it's time to take a break from wearing actual clothes, consider adding these items to your beachwear collection. I really think one-pieces should come back so that's why a Kamali Kouture suit is in this collage. The Honey Heart Flip Flops complete the stripes theme. But, the three essentials to this outfit are the Marilyn Monroe beach towel, the Forever 21 cat-eye sunglasses, and the Broad Spectrum Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Mist with SPF 45. If you live near a beach, like me, or if you just like to lounge at the pool club, topping this outfit off with the bandana will keep your hair from misbehaving in the summer heat!

Last but not least, we have an outfit that can serve as a staple for an internship, office job, or party go-to. I started the outfit with a pencil skirt from Ally Fashion and paired it with a fringed top from Zara. I then found these GORGEOUS Vera Wang heels to spice up the look. The other accessories bring in a pop of yellow to match your optimistic personality: a ModCloth "Bright Place, Bright Time" clutch and (my favorite) a POW necklace found on etsy!
While I LOVE this bandana (and Pin-Up style in general), the best accessory is always a smile.
Peace & Hugs,
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment