Saturday, May 25, 2013

Picnic Essentials

I am super excited that the weather is finally warming up down here in the south!  Along with Summer Barbecues I adore a good excuse to go outside with friends. My friends and I have the silliest, most fun times picnicking. They typically include a fair amount of artsy selfies and chocolate covered somethings {I swear I eat other things besides chocolate, pinky promise!}.

In honor of all of that I rounded up just a few things I find to be “essential” for picnicking.

Basket/Bag
This is slightly obvious but you just have to have a cute bag to store all of your goods in. I love anything Lilly Pulitzer & their market tote I think is perfect!

Snacks
Another self-explanatory but you need food. What’s a picnic without food really {I am always talking about food…. #sorrynotsorry}. As I said before I love anything covered in chocolate but in effort to be remotely healthy I love dark chocolate banana crisps. Also I recently discovered a love for grapes so I’ll definitely be bringing those along.

Fun
These just get more and more obvious as we go along but I like to bring something else along besides friends and a good attitude. Typically with my friend we bring a picnic go sailing at our town’s lake. Once we get on it you can sail out to this large raft that you tie your boat out and you can sit, eat lunch and get a nice tan {with sunscreen!}. We also like to bring along a couple of magazines or a deck of cards and we are set for the day.

Waterproof camera
As I previously mentioned artsy selfies are quintessential to a picnic. Last year we bought two simple waterproof cameras out on our adventures and ended up with the best pictures. Along with “sailboat” selfies we ended up with under water photos {we “fell overboard”}. Plus we once ended up {on land} in the rain taking photos, let me just say we had the coolest pictures in our locker!

Those are my “Necessary” things for a simple outdoor day, what about you?

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment