Friday, May 3, 2013

Exercise Routine

Hello Chit Chat readers!

I'm Signe. You may know me from my blog a Classy State of Grace!

Today I'll be sharing my exercise routine. I consider exercising a huge part of my lifestyle and is so important for overall health.

Before freshman year, I did ballet pretty intensively but then stopped to focus on theater. Contrary to popular belief, ballet can be enormous strain on body, so dancing kept me in good shape.

When I stopped dancing, I joined a gym so I didn't lose the muscles I had toned. I highly recommend joining a gym if you aren't already part of one because they offer a more structured exercising format.

I'm not exactly a "routine" kind of person and prefer to change things up, so my exercising schedule isn't exact, however it is pretty consistent.

I usually get my daily dose of exercise in these forms:

1. Gym class. I always tend to forget about it, but I've had gym year-round this year and I actually seem to burn quite a bit of calories from the stuff we do. It's usually low-key, like walking around the track or weightlifting, but a nice break from academic classes, especially if I'm not going to have time to work out that day.
2. The gym. It's the one place I go solely for the focus of getting in shape.
Here is generally what I do:
        a. Walk on the treadmill for ten minutes
        b. Stretch
        c. Go on the elliptical for 20-30 minutes
        d. Do ab crunches on that thing where you put your back against that squishy thing and
        then lift up your legs (descriptive, aren't I :P )
        e. Climb the stair rotator thing until I burn 100 calories
        f. Stretch
3. Theater. Although people say "theater isn't a sport," I'd have to argue that. Being in a show is exhausting. It involves lots of energy, moving around, standing around, and if it's a musical, then dancing. And it's a lot more of a time commitment than most sports are.
4. Riding my bike. This is really only during the summer, but during the warmer months in Wisconsin I ride my bike almost every day. It's a great way to get fresh air and some calories burned off without being too strenuous.

Well, that's pretty much it!

What is your exercise routine?

XX,
Signe

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your routine, Signe! It seems you have a very rigid routine. And I think it is good to change things up a little bit. It will give variety to your exercises and you will be able to work on different areas. -Brandon

    ReplyDelete