Monday, May 13, 2013

High School Graduation

As my Senior year is almost over, I find myself and my friends dreaming about graduation and our college lives on the daily.

I've had my dress picked out since March, and started my party planning in February. I always get emotional when graduation time comes around. It's such an exciting experience, and the ceremony is beautiful! I can't wait to graduate on June 8th, so I thought I'd share the three most important parts of graduation with you!

One | The Ceremony
Every school does graduation differently. Mine is an outdoor graduation and girls and boys walk down an aisle in pairs. Once everyone has reached the bottom of the aisle and their seats, we sit down, and our head of school gives a pleasant little speech. Next, we have the 'speakers'.We have four 'speakers', three essayists, and our valedictorian. After they read their essays, we are each called up, one by one, and are handed our diploma by the head of school. When we shake hands with the head of school, we give him a small object, something about the size of a half dollar coin. The ceremony ends the same way it started, walking up in pairs, and then the boys smoke cigars and the girls are all in tears!


the aisle down in the middle, chairs are put on the sides for the audience.

Two | The Dress
At most school, students wear caps and gowns. My school, however, does not. All of the girls wear white dresses, and the boys wear suits. It is required for girls to wear white dresses, and I personally really like that. I went to the mall about 7 times until I found the dress for me. It's the Daena Dress by Lilly Pulitzer. It's conservative enough for the grandparents, but still light enough to wear on a hot June day. For any white dresses, I would suggest Lilly Pulitzer, actually, for any dresses I would suggest Lilly Pulitzer. But there are also oodles of cute dresses at Nordstrom.


my dress!

Three | The Party
I'm having two celebrations. The first celebration, my family and my boyfriends family are all going out to dinner the night of. Simple. The next celebration, I will have my friends and some more family over to my house for a BBQ and pool party. I've got a Pinterest board dedicated to it, here's what 'm envisioning:






Love this as a guest book!

Hope you all enjoyed, and to those of you graduating soon too, congratulations!

XX,
Ali

P.S. Check my blog around June 10th for my graduation pictures and re-cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment