Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Studying for Exams


We all know that finals are coming up and studying can be hard this close to the end of the school year, but I have a few tips to help you study. J First off when you study either turn your phone off or give it to your parents while you study.  Phones can be a big distraction when studying, whether its social media, texting, calls, etc. I have made up a little list of tips for studying.

1. Colorful highlighters: They are great for highlighting important things, have a different color for each subject and/or test notes.

2. Colorful Pens: I love to have colorful pens to help color code my notes and it makes it fun!

3.  Index/Note Cards: Make a note card/index card for each definition/vocab word.  Very helpful, have your friends over and quiz each other on them.

4. Time: Set a specific studying time for each subject you have a test on.

5. Rewards:  Reward yourself after your done studying: Whether TV or phone time, social media, ice-cream, etc.  

6. To-do Lists:  I like to also have a to-do list for what I need to study for, which tests are when, etc.

7.  Sleep: Do not stay up late the night before a test!!!  Get to bed early and get all your books, notes, etc. packed and ready for school the night before.  I can’t stress this enough, going to bed early will help you so much in the morning vs. going to bed/staying out late the night before a test/finals. 

I hope this list helps you guys get ready for finals!

XX,
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment