Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Exercise Routine

Hi Everyone! 

Today's post is all about my exercise routine! 

I am both a cross country runner and swimmer, so I do get good workouts when I'm at those practices. However, sometimes I'll just be sitting at home and decide to workout! #AthleteProbz

Now, onto the post! 

1. Be Prepared - Before I work out, I always make sure to eat a healthy snack about thirty minutes prior. I love eating all of these snacks before I work out because they are quick and easy to prepare, as well as sustainable and will not affect my performance while working out!

Healthy Snacks.

Healthy Snacks. by preppyonthewestcoast

2. Enjoy It - Create a "Workout Playlist" which you can listen to while working out. I've done a post before {click here} featuring a couple of my favorite songs I like to jam to!

3. Plan It - Create a "schedule" to follow. You can find various ideas on Pinterest...


 

I also made an example of what I usually try to make my workouts look like. (Note: This example is just ONE week and it is a less strenuous workout because I also have swim practice.)

...I also like to run in the mornings (depends on how early/late I wake up, so they are not set on a specific day, however I try to do that one or two days a week, i.e. Tuesday and Thursday.)

4.  Use Apps - I'm not going to lie, it is hard figuring out a workout which fits what you need. I usually get my workouts from my coaches when we do CORE in practice, but I have also come across fabulous apps which come with various workouts you can do, that fit your needs. Here are my two favorites:

MapMyRun

Nike Training Club (NTC) 

Additionally, various magazines (i.e. Seventeen) have a workout section where you can find recommended exercises from celebrity trainers! 

5. Buddy Routine - Have a friend workout with you. You can: a) get exercise and b) spend some quality time with your friend(s)! #DoubleWhammy

 I hope you all enjoyed this post and could maybe use some of my ideas! 

What is your exercise routine? 

XX,
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment