Friday, June 28, 2013

Summer Hats

Summer is finally here and what does that mean? To the beach! Obviously we want to make sure our readers stay safe in the sun, the fashionable way! So in honor of summertime and beach trips I am talking about a favorite: Summer Hats.

Summer Hats

I love the simplicity of throwing something on and heading out the door, c’mon.. who doesn’t? Floppy Hats I honestly love, love, love floppy {or derby} style hats. The thing is, I don’t like how they look on me. I have a short bob haircut and floppy hats hide all of my hair making me look bald. Marley Lilly has some adorable monogram options along with the J.Crew. If you have a fabulous never ending budget Kate Spade has an adorable coral bow striped hat! Fedoras I am in love with fedoras. They are not my “style” but I’m thinking of getting one anyways! I love that they can be dressed up or down & have no problem with my short hair.While I was at Nordstrom Rack a little while ago I tried on a fabulous straw fedora with pink grosgrain ribbon. At the time I didn’t like it enough to buy it and now I’m regretting it. Charlotte Russe has the fabulous bow fedora {on sale!} that I am considering ordering. A little bit pricier is the Juicy Coture fedora with a ombre yellow top and navy, white striped brim. It would be a fun pop of color but it wouldn’t match my style. Baseball caps Baseball caps are the traditional summer staple that will never really go out of style. There are adorable options such as Vineyard Vines {who recently did them in neon colors}, monogrammed options and ones meant for sports. The only downside to them is that they crease my hair leaving “hat hair” which is not pretty.

Do y’all wear “summer hats”?

XX,

No comments:

Post a Comment