Thursday, June 27, 2013

Party Planning

Who doesn't love a good party?! 

Well, I am going to give you five tips to throw the party of the summer. Come fall, everyone will still be talking about the beyond fabulous party you threw!

If you wanna know how, keep reading...

1. Invites - Invitations might be the most important part of throwing a party because they are the first impression. They are what will either make the person want to come or not. Make them cute and catchy! These Popsicle invitations are too cute and would be great for a backyard bash! 


2. Location & Activities - Don't get me wrong, it is great to just talk and catch up at parties, however, I always think it is fun to have games or other activities, especially in the summer! Location is important because it is what determines how the party will run and what activities you will choose to play. For example, if you are at the pool, lake, or beach - going in the water is an option. However, if your party is being hosted where there is no water present, you are going to have to figure out land games (i.e. croquet, soccer, bocce ball, etc.) to play. 

   

3. Table Arrangements - This may seem like a random one, but it is definitely crucial and something I feel most people overlook when planning a party! I have been to a few parties where the flower arrangements are just so overdone you need to lean around them to actually talk and hear the person across from you! I think this arrangement is perfect because it is simple but still catches the eye.


4. Food - I don't know about you guys, but for me personally, the food can make or break the party. In the summer I am all about the BBQ and I think burgers and hot dogs are definitely essentials at summer gatherings. For drinks, I think something cool and refreshing is the way to go - how adorable are these lemonades in mason jars?! Then, for dessert, I definitely would go with cupcakes, because they don't require plates or utensils, therefore, easy clean up! I think these cupcakes are beyond adorable. 

    

5. Goody Bags - These aren't required, but I feel like sending your guests off with a little treat for them to remember later is a great idea. You could fill this goody bag with anything, the options are infinite! 


Are you planning any summer parties?

XX, 
Grace

{ PHOTO CREDITS: Pinterest }

No comments:

Post a Comment