Sunday, June 9, 2013

Movie Review :: Silver Linings Playbook

Hello, lovely readers! I'm talking movies today, and who doesn't love a good movie, right? The bf and I watched Silver Linings Playbook the other night and it was pretty good!


I knew nothing about it going in {although the book is on my to read list}, so I won't give any spoilers away in case you're in my situation. 

Here are the basics:
Rating: R {lots of f-bombs, so if that doesn't sit well with you, I wouldn't try it}
Run time: 2 hours 2 minutes
Genre: Comedy
Main Actors/Actresses: Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Robert DeNiro

The acting was terrific. I love Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper was great as well. The emotions were very well portrayed, I'll just say. The message was wonderful to, in that positive decisions can be made in the face of imperfection and desperation and that you can thrive off of it. It is an awkward love story, but one that fulfills the romantic comedy label in a fresh, dynamic way. The delicate subject matter was handled quite deftly, leading to a touching, raw, real film. It really was a wonderful watch and even my boyfriend, though deeming it a chick flick, enjoyed it! If you can handle strong language, definitely watch it!

XX, 

No comments:

Post a Comment