Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Scheduling Blog Posts

Hey everyone!
When Ashley approached me about a "free choice" post, I thought a fun post idea would be to show you all how I organize and plan my posts - which is a very simple two step process! 

1. Categorize Ideas. 
I keep a running legal pad of blog post ideas for each month. I created a "sample" of how I do this

I like to color coordinate when it comes to arranging the posts. 
Pink - Beauty. 
Red - Fashion.
Purple - Lifestyle.  
Obviously, since this month has just begun and this is more of a "sample" picture, I don't have as many blog ideas! #Whoops

2. Organize/Arrange posts. 
After I write all my posts down on the legal pad, I will print out a layout I made and saved on my computer. Since my post schedule is Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday, I have it saved in that arrangement. I then put the exact date of the month when the post will actually be up. 

Then, once I write the post and have it "scheduled", I will highlight it, so I know I can move on and begin working on the next post! 
....
ANOTHER OPTION!
Another method I have been considering doing for quite some time is having a virtual calendar,  connected to your e-mail, where you can arrange posts. The reason I have been hesitant about this idea is because I like being able to highlight and cross things off easily, however, if you are one always on the go - this is definitely an idea to consider.
I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know, if you are a blogger - how do you plan/arrange your posts? 
Let me know in the comments! 
xo, 

Grace

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tips! I will definitely try this out!!

    xoxo,aHc
    wonderfulseabreeze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete