Thursday, April 25, 2013

Study Tips

Hi Everyone! 

Today, I will be showing you my three GO-TO tips when it comes to preparing for an upcoming test! 

1. Be Prepared - I know, this sounds cliche. I mean, obviously when you have a test coming up you want to be prepared, but I mean even before the test is announced! Make sure all of your notes are easily readable, and if not, rewrite or type them up! This will help reinforce the information into your mind. Also, if it is a vocabulary or spelling test, make flashcards or a running list of the words as you are introduced to them so that you don't have to rush at the last minute! Also, study a little bit each night because you don't need any last minute all night cram sessions!

2. Color Code - I don't know about you, but I can definitely be OCD. When I am preparing for tests I like to have different things be different colors (especially when they are big unit tests). For example, on my last history test I took, I had green for people's names, blue for necessary terms, and purple for events that occurred. I just find this handy so that if there is one exact thing you are looking for, you can just focus on the color rather than wasting your time rifling through words that don't even pertain to what you need!

3. Do Your Homework - I know, this may sound naggy, but doing your homework actually really helps! On multiple math and history tests I have taken over the course of this year, questions that were on the homework were actually on the test! Additionally, the homework helps enlighten you on concepts you are set on and others that could use some help! (And it's easy points to boost your grade, too!!)


4. Get Lots of Sleep - Make sure the night before you get a lot of sleep. I even go to the extent of going two nights before to insure that I have just enough rest because nothing is worse than when you can barely keep your eyes open and your brain is in sleep mode during a test. 

5. Eat Healthy - Finally, make sure you eat a healthy meal before your test. I always opt for oatmeal with a glass of orange juice, because I always feel full and the orange juice makes me feel awake, therefore I will not be distracted while taking the test about my stomach growling! 

I know these tips are pretty generic, but maybe I added something in that could help you out when preparing for your next test! 

What are your go-to study tips? 

XX,
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment