Monday, April 8, 2013

Snack Time

After a long and tiring day at school, I always look forward to a yummy snack as soon as I get home!

Here are some healthy and delicious options to try out:


1. Corn chips and hummus: This snack might be number one on my list of favorite after school snacks... I think I may have a little hummus addiction :) Corn chips are so much better for you than potato chips, and when dipped in hummus they can take care of your salt cravings without being unhealthy. My favorite corn chips are the Tostitos Hint of Lime. Hummus is also a great source of protein if you are a vegetarian.
2. Chobani yogurt: The Chobani company actually originated about an hour away from where I live! In my area, Chobani yogurts are literally everywhere, because we are big on supporting local produce. If you haven't tried these delicious Greek yogurts yet, you are seriously missing out! They come in many different flavors, and are very filling. My favorite flavor is pineapple! If one of the regular Chobani yogurts is too much for you, you can always try the smaller version of Chobani yogurts called Chobani Bites. Look for it at your local grocery store.
3. Vina's "special" cereal: I love cereal, especially for a snack! Here is a quick recipe of how to make my "special" cereal:
  • Post Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds cereal
  • Ocean Spray Craisins (dried cranberries)
  • Crushed walnuts
  • A small banana
  • Fresh strawberries
  • Skim milk
Put as much cereal as you want in a bowl, then add a handful of craisins. Cut the banana into thin slices and add to the cereal. I usually only use half a banana, but if you love bananas then add as much as you want! Wash and cut up about five strawberries into small pieces and toss into the cereal. Sprinkle some crushed walnuts on top, and then pour in the skim milk and you have a delicious cereal snack!

Bon apetit!
XX,
Vina

No comments:

Post a Comment